Friday, 22 August 2008

Weekend... The week comes to an end...


Its the seventh week of training that has come to an end at IFBI. Life has been good, nice, fine, cool, tough and everything. We have been seeing all the colors of life. One thing that is undeniable is that we have built a great relationship amongst us. Good friends have been added into everyone's life. There is a mix up of various types of people at all new places and soon, once we get to know them, we feel we all are the same

Today was a good day and the classes went as usual. The day began with a presentation from our group on Working with Various Types of Customers, Rapport Building with Customers and Rapport Building on the Telephone. I had not prepared anything for this. As I came to the class in morning, I noticed that there is a need to get ready for the same. It was about 7.35 am and I immediately prepared slides to cover all the topics. And then, I gave an extempore presentation on the same. It was easy as I could refer to the slides. Only after the presentation, I got to know that we had skipped a topic titled 'Understanding Customer Types'. However, it was explained by Laxminarayana sir. In fact, I wanted to present it as a team. But then, as we had no prior planning in relation to this, it was not possible. I wanted someone else to do it. But, seeing that no one was ready, I did that. And sadly, after I completed about 70% of the show, Ruchi came in (she was a little late to the class) and after I completed 100%, she said that she was prepared for this. And then, even Raju and Vibha had a similar reaction. I felt like I snatched a chance from them and it was a little difficult to digest. Though I wanted others to do it, it finally ended in my hands. It was just a small presentation. But then, there is always a high value attached to small things in the short term. In the long run, nobody remembers them and they are definitely insignificant. I remember having done so many skits, plays in college; debates, declamations in school, college; but then, at that time, life would be so dependent on it. Today, we don't even remember them. Life is full of opportunities. Whoever takes them is wise. I thought so and went ahead

Coming to the other bang of the day. It is the reviewing given by Naveen Koganti on yesterday's learning. Only one word that can be said in relation to this is 'Perfect'. He had prepared beautiful slides and had prepared himself well for the show. He did it in a very beautiful manner and sir termed it as a 'Zero-Defect Show'. All these words were told by the faculty. I found it just a little above average

After the class, we had some roleplays in the class where I was acting as a shrewd lazy uninterested manager and others came in as customers with various questions. E.g. Raghu came with a cheque that was not cleared and he never got a response from me, Naveen came to open an SB account which was never opened and he just scolded and ran away, Raju came to ask for a loan (for marriage) and I fired him and sent him out and Rekha came in to open a partnership account and had a tough time too. It was a great fun and a lot was learnt from such plays too

Later in the day, after lunch, we practiced Finacle till evening

Signing off for the day











No comments:

Post a Comment