Monday, 22 September 2008

Week No. 12 begins after a weekend at Shivanasamudra...


We began the new week with classes on CIB and RB-II continuing. Further, today, the Book Review preparations are on a full swing. The presentation falls on Wednesday and a lot remains undone for the same. There is a long way to go. We have to plan out what has to be done, how, when and also need to implement this plan. We also need to make a presentation and do a couple of rehearsals

Signing off for the day


Shivanasamudra Tour

On Friday, we had been to a trip to Sivanasamudra and Talakadu lake. 19 of us got together to make this day beautiful. In fact, I had no plans to go. I had decided that I will not be going. Somehow, I had to listen to some requests and at the last moment (early morning), I changed my mind when Naveen called me. We were asked by the organizers to assemble at 6.15 am at the institute premises and we shall be leaving by 6.30 am. However, things take their own time and it was 8 am by the time the hired minibus took off. I saw a cricket bat and got excited. The search for a ball gave a lot of other things other than a ball. The shops too were not open. Luckily, before we left, we could get 2 balls

The journey began. The first thing to begin, as history goes, was antakshari. I have a great track record in this game. In fact, I hold good number of records in this. Though I don't sing well, I keep singing always as it helps me in relieving stress. Coming back, it was decided that there will be 5 in 1st team, the back sitters, and the 2nd team will have the remaining bus, 14 of them. The game went on for about half an hour and there was nothing stopping. Suddenly, there was some interest loss and the game was forgotten. I was not much involved in it. I just kept suggesting songs whenever there was a need for it

Suddenly, someone got some shining powder and starting spraying in on everyone. I kept myself away from it by covering myself with a hanky

After some time, people began dedications. A lot of songs were dedicated from one person to other. A lot of them on teasing lines and wooing the listeners. That was a great fun in passing songs from Saurav to his new found crush Vibha, the Great Bayyareddy to the Greater Nikitha, Raju to Jeena, Naveen to Rajlakshmi, Sivakumar to Sukanya, Raghu to Meenu and so on. I was kind of feeling bored. I don't know what was making me sit so lethargically with no interest in anything that was happening. I was sitting at the corner seat of the bus. But then, I was very keenly observing what was happening

Some observations of the songs dedicated
Deewana main chala to Raghu
Mukaddar ka Sikandar to Ajeya
Aayi re aayi re khushi to Sukanya
Chahe koi Mujhe junglee kahe to Kamaksha
Maruti's was an awesome piece of choice, jungle jungle paar chali hai, pata chala hai, arey chaddi pehan ke phool khila hai, phool khila hai
And finally, it was my turn. I guess, a perfect one came up for me considering what I have shown to the people ever since we met. Though it might not very much relate to what I am in reality but it was an absolute truth as per my behavior at IFBI till now. The song, "Cash on my mind, making money all the time" was dedicated to me

By then, we had reached Sivanasamudra. Its a beautiful waterfall and the most beautiful part of it was the mist the came out of it. We enjoyed the scene. A photo session went on for long. Now I see that I have one of the best photos shot at this place

We were back in bus to move to the next destination, Talakadu lake. We had been having bread, jam, pepsi and all on the way. The fun was on and soon, we were at the lake. We went on to see the lake and everyone decided to go on to play and swim. Back to the bus, we changed our dress and got into shorts and ran towards the lake. All entered water but I just stopped at the border and continued playing cricket. After some time, all the water drenched people got me also into the lake. We played there for quite a long time. Ball cathcing, ball snatching, back diving in a group, competing to see how long can we stay in the water, etc. went on. I was happy to see that I have not forgotten swimming. It has been over 5 years that I have entered water. Way back in 2003, when I was in 12th standard, I was swimming at my school. And from then, I never did that. Whenever I thought of swimming in these 5 years, I felt as though I have forgotten it. But then, I realized that I am still able to swim. Some boys tried to enter the girls group but were kicked off by them

We had to leave as we had to reach Bengaluru in time. Soon, we had a change and a cup of coffee and got on to the bus for the return journey. All bodies were tired and the enrgy was definitely sucked out in the day. Nothing much was going to excite in the return journey. I occupied a front seat to eat well and sleep well. In fact, we had good food too organized in the afternoon. Yet, hunger had striked back too quick. There was some fun that continued on the back seats with Binit which I got know later. Let me not reveal what fun it was

I defintely have to mention that these were some good moments in life that I am going to cherish for a long time to come. Further, here is round of applause for the organizers- Raghu, Naveen, Meenu, Raju and everyone who added so much value into this day by joining us. And not to forget Naveen who ensured that he takes me along, no matter what comes

And for those who missed out, I really feel sorry as they missed out a big oppotunity to have fun and add more value into friendship. And perhaps, God did not want to see my name on this list