Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Who Moved My Cheese? Book Review is up...

Today was the D-Day for the presentation of book review. There are 5 teams and each of them is going to deal with a book. Gung Ho, Who Moved My Cheese, The Ice Cream Maker, Raving Fans and The One Minute Manager. Our team was assigned with the book Who Moved My Cheese. Honestly, there was almost zero preparation by us till yesterday. We all were in a dilemma about what has to be done. And it was me who had to be blamed for it as I was expected to take the lead in this activity while I sat idle and uninterested. I regret on this attitude of mine today. Had I taken the lead just one day back, we would have been taking the first position today. I never expected that the performance would come so good. Seeing other teams making a lot of effort, I personally felt that there is no worth making effort as the outcome will be zero. Assuming this, I just went ahead with this activity for the heck of it. We just prepared the slides yesterday and put in a small role play into the presentation. Further, we added some reviews by our friends on this book (which were all fake). And then, we disbursed after dividing the slides for presentation among us. I had also taken up the responsibility of presenting an introduction. And I really feel bad to accept that I did not bother to even think about this responsibility yesterday. After reaching my room, I just had my food, got my clothes ready and went to bed. There were a lot of personal issues that made things very difficult to handle

Today morning, when I saw that everyone was so serious in preparing, I felt that I will be on a comedy circus. And then, my teammates, especially Naveen, spoke to me and I could feel that the expectation that he had from me was too high. I knew I was not just cheating them but I was cheating myself by my laziness and not doing the assigned work. That was not the way to go about. We had about 20 minutes left and I decided to get serious and I immediately wrote down points for my introduction. I even rehearsed them. Though, I also need to accept the fact that what I had written was something, what I rehearsed was something else and both these had no relation to what I actually presented. But, Thank God, it came out well. And by the end of our presentation, though I was happy for the team's performance, I was sad for the point that I did not give it what it deserved. I did not even care to involve myself as I did in ISAS or for that matter, any other events that I participated in. Had I done that, we would have clinched the first position. In fact, getting second position without a proper preparation is an achievement in itself. Yes, second position. But, when we could do so well without that, imagine what we could do with that. I think, it is a lesson for me learn today that I need to stay motivated and interested in things happening in life. Else, things will go wrong. There are a thousand things happening in life simultaneously and there is a huge need to allocate appropriate importance to everything. If not, you can never forgive yourself

Overall, it was a good day. There were great shows by all the teams. A lot of them came up with new ideas and innovative ways of doing things. To my greatest surprise, I was declared the best performer (reasons mentioned under) followed by Meenu, Rekha, Naveen & Sukanya. There were a lot of jealousy faces but then, I guess, they were not pointed at me. Even I believed that I was undisputed the best. The best in improvement of performance category were Sameer & Sivakumar. And one very good thing about today's book review was that everyone delivered very well. There was no one who we can say has not done well

As far as my performance is concerned, I am sad that I could not give the team what it needed. Though I gave everything for it today, I failed to give it yesterday and the days before yesterday. The planning was not in position. I will ensure that the next time, planning gets effective

Signing off for the day


My script during the presentation. There were huge accolades for this and I was thrilled to see the kind of response I got from everyone. It was amazing. I narrated the script along with Heartbeats track from Kal Ho Na Ho and Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyaara Hai (violent music only) from Roja


Here it goes

What is the most important thing in your life? Which is the most beautiful thing for you?

Close your eyes. For the next 3 or 4 minutes, I request you to give to 2 things. 1 is truth and the other is honesty. This is an experiment to have an insight into your lives, your thoughts, your strengths, your weaknesses. So, kindly be honest to get the right insight

Kal Ho Na Ho music starts

Imagine, you are sitting in a beautiful garden. Its a cool evening with fresh breeze flowing into you. It is making you and your life as fresh as it is. And with you is the most beautiful, most important thing or person that you always dreamed of. Yes, this is the life that you always wanted to lead. You are HAPPY. You are delighted. You are feeling great. All your dreams have come true

Violent music from Roja starts

And suddenly, there is a bomb blast. A suicide bomber has not just killed himself but also destroyed that thing which you had achieved. If it was love, you love is no more. If it was a car, the car has gone into pieces. If it was career, you have been hit by the bomb in a such a way that you can never go back to work. What next? You have lost everything. There is nothing left in your life. Your parents, friends, relatives, everyone is upset with you. You have become a loser. You feel its better to commit suicide and end this life

Violent music ends & Kal Ho Na Ho plays back

Life is a saga, a journey from existing position to a desired position. We all strive, we all struggle, we all make effort to better our lives. We all have aims, objectives and thoughts to lead our lives. For some, it might be to get a great job, to get a good career ride, to get a good wife or husband, to keep parents happy, to help people lead better lives, to buy a car, bungalow, a lot of money, etc. Man is always on a ride to make these dreams come true. A dream something that is the most important aspect in our lives. A person without a dream is like a person sitting in a bus without knowing where to go. But then, making all dreams come true is definitely a tough task. It needs a lot of things like effort, hard work, honesty, integrity, etc. And for all this to come in life, one factor thats most influential is CHANGE. Life changes and we need to change with it. The person who adapts to change quickly is the one who wins. He is the one who can be called as Opportunity user. The others change as a matter of compulsion. There are simple and basic points in life that we need to remember with regards to change. Changes do happen and we need to accept these changes. To be a winner, you need to anticipate changes and monitor them. There is a need for us to adapt to these changes recognized by us to ensure that we are ready to rock on with life. Be open to changes and enjoy the changes. After all, change is the spice of life. But always remember, Stay committed in your decisions but stay flexible in your approach. I repeat, Stay committed in your decisions but stay flexible in your approach

Now, slowly, open your eyes. I am sure, you have felt the change and have got the zeal to face changes in life. And with this, I have reached my objective of making the book's message reach you all. We now need to know who is this great man behind the book Who Moved My Cheese?

And then my presentation begins

PS: Bala sir told me that I performed this act on par with Amitabh Bachchan. Specially the violent dialogues were delivered so effectively and with so much force that he was totally disturbed. In fact, he conveyed that he was seriously sitting and imagining spending a beautiful evening with his daughter & son in law and when I said about blast and all, he almost imagined these things and broke his eyes open. "Perhaps, it was his involvement and not my performance that has to be appreciated", I said. Rahul sir also said that I made a comeback like Amitabh Bachchan. The expectations were very high & I exceeded them. That was really surprising









































No comments:

Post a Comment