Tuesday, 30 June 2009

The changing strides of life...

Life has been changing quickly than I ever imagined. The guy who used to face big challenges boldly with a straight chest standing like a wall making every tide turn with hard work is no more alive in me. Dullness, boredom, inactiveness have become primary factors of concern. Life doesnt seem challening or exciting anymore. Its neither throwing me up or down. It has put me in a ship to sail, sail smooth, sail flat, sail as the sailor wishes. I am no more the rider. Gone are those beautiful days when I used to ride my life myself. I used to lie hungry sometimes while I used to party at the biggest places on sometimes. For now, its the same rice plate or chappati plate that I take costing the same as well as tasting the same. Dynamism was something that my name WAS associated with which does not hold good anymore. Let me work to the best of my skills or let me just do what is required, I take home the same pay. Each day, the bank balance keeps decreasing and becomes zero in the middle of the month and by the end of the month it would have reached a negative balance (though that might not appear in the statement)

Month end Aayegi...
Salary Laayegi...
Hariyaali Lehrayegi...
Khushiyaali Chaayegi...


This is all that we chant all through the month and keep waiting for the monthend. There is nothing else that bothers anyone more than this fact of whether the salary would flow in the month end or not. And some big guns say that we should not work for money or salary. They will flow automatically with excellence. I never believe in this concept. Ask the whole world a question "Is money the most important criteria in life?" You will not find a single person who is telling a truth that it is not. Because, there are people who lie and all of these people are those who are bestowed with enough of money. Obviously, a person who is in deficit of money (maximum portion of the living community) will feel the pinch of it while a person with abundant money (a minority) would say that we must never work for money, we must try to excel, we must be dedicated, money is not important and blah blah blah. Put these people down the street with no money for a couple of days, they will realise what they are speaking is utter rubbish thing. Mostly, these words are used by CEOs, MDs, etc who want to ensure that the working class keeps working and does not ask for money. If it was not for money, then, why do these CEOs themselves are on a job hunt quite often

Coming back to my stride of life. I am starting to get adapted to this inactive kind of a life and each day, I am trying to warn myself to not to stick to this life. It has been killing each and every quality making it get supressed under the corporate life. A working time of 10 hours excluding 2 hours for food, 2 hours for travel, 2 hours for daily routine of getting fresh adds it all upto 16 hours. What is left out is 8 hours which I have to utilize in one or the other productive manner. But then, the tiredness is so high that the eyes do not open, the ears do not see, the mind does not listen, the heart does not agree and the body does not think. It just puts you on the bed like a dead body requiring heavy rejuvenation. And thus, the chances for any growth is almost negligible

Futher, what has been more hurting and disgusting is that I do not have a career path in this job that I do. The job primarily involves direct interaction with customers and resolving their queries about their savings account. And thus, you neither learn anything that can add any knowledge to you nor does your knowledge learnt over the past quite few years with day in and day out of studies is of any use. There is no intellectual growth. Futher, whatever learnt too in respect of customer service, some selling skill building, some abilities, qualities, etc become null and void the moment I change this job. Whatever learnt has no value to add in any terms. Even if I am with the same company and I am posted in a new job profile too, everything learnt till now becomes void. Thus, my thirst for a job that would help me realise my potentials and put my abilities to work has been increasing each day. Companies that give a direct exposure to finances like wealth management, financial planning, cost controlling, investment banking, etc are some avenues that I am rigourously searching for

One good thing that I have been able to establish during this phase of life is the completion of 1st semester of my PGDBA (from Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning). After taking admission somewhere in July/August last year, I got the books. I never touched them till December as my admission was not confirmed. All time till December was spent in making arrangements for payment of the fees towards the course. After I made the payment, I started glancing through the book. Initially, the effort was very high and slowly it started declining due to additional job related reasons. However, God has helped me in this phase and kept me in good spirits to clear the 6 subjects of the 1st semester with a good score too. I have even completed the online assignments for all these subjects which is a bigger hurdle than the exam itself. These assignments not only carry marks but also demand a lot of time (which is not possible to manage). Each subject has 4 assignments to be completed and each assignment is scheduled for 40 minutes. A cool 3 hours for each subject is needs to be spent on the internet completing these assignments. By God's grace, even this has been a smooth sail for me

Life is throwing a lot of challenges on the way. The previous challenges continue to remain, in fact, grow and the new challenges continue to peep into life with each passing day. For the moment, my mission is to relocate to Bengaluru with a new job that would add value to my career and life. Lets see how quick can this task be accomplished by me

No comments:

Post a Comment