Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Dream no. 1 is now a reality... What next...

Its been a cherished dream to buy a laptop that would help me in keeping my work in an organized manner. Being tech crazy and heavily internet savvy, I depend a lot on information technology to make life move on a desired path. The absence of a computer has been a painful journey for 3-4 months in Hyderabad. The plan to buy a laptop is in my mind ever since I joined JGCC. we bought our first PC at home when I was in class XI. And then, we bought another PC when I was in BCom second year. At this point of time, I wanted to buy a lappy but it did not get possible due to various limitations. And from then, each day, I have been dreaming about buying it. Its taken me almost 3 and a half years to accomplish this goal. It was Friday, the 15th of May 2009 that I fulfilled this dream with a lot of hera-pheri. Of course, doing all gaflas, hera-pheris, is instilled in my nerves. Thats why I have been nicknamed as a punter. It was a total set decision that I am going to buy it this time at any cost. But the biggest question was HOW??? A lot of effort went through and finally I got a loan sanctioned from a bank. I am expected to pay Rs 1500 each month for about 2 years in relation to this purchase. I am very grateful to God for having been so kind and supportive. Whatever I asked, God never said no. God has always been giving it in his own style. I am thankful to the bank that helped me realise this dream. I thank my dad, mom and my sisters for being there for me. And I thank those who prayed to God for this dream of mine to come true

The search was a real big one. From each day's newspaper reading of advertisement; going though the Dell website and making various combinations, reaching the payment page and closing the window; browsing various other websites; mailing experts of this trade like Siddu, Raghu, Santosh, Raju and others; collecting brochures at outlets; visiting Croma, Reliance Digital, etc; mailing various banks' loan departments asking them if they can finance this; applying for numerous credit cards and getting a reply stating "we regret as we can not process your application"; roaming across various shops in Hubli when I was there for a 5 days holiday; discussing all these plans with the approving authority for all my plans

But ultimately, it all came to an end when I saw this marvellous piece of beauty at Computer Shoppee (Court Circle). It was called Acer 4736. It had everything in it from Intel Core 2 Duo processor to 2 GB RAM to 320 GB Hard Disk to camera to Dolby Home Theatre and so on. It was stunning and I loved it. It was a final decison from me that I would be buying this subject to approval from the approving authority. But the cost created a little tension as it was out of my planned budget. I moved on and the next day, I went to Computer Shoppee (Vidyanagar) for a search. I saw the same laptop there and that was costing Rs 6000 less. I was amazed and I asked them why is it so? The first thing was that it was Acer 4736Z (not 4736, there is a 'Z' added) and the difference is only that this comes along with a Intel Dual Core processor and not core 2 Duo. But then, I was suggested to buy a Core 2 Duo by my friends. I conveyed the same to the reseller and he asked me why am I buying this lappy. My only purpose is to check my mails, do some blogging, some newsreading and some entertainment. Then, why do I need such a high end configuration for which I simply need to shed out Rs 4000 more. I was already thinking on these lines and the reseller too advised me the same thing. For him, it doesnt make a difference. In fact, its good if I buy a higher end model so that he earns a better revenue. But the reseller, being known to me as we had made our previous purchases too from them, gave me a right suggesstion. And the another 2000 saving was a jackpot for me as Acer had decreased all its laptop prices just in the morning. What a bargain! God tussi great ho!!! I was much more amazed when 4 BVB college students came running to buy the same laptop and the reseller went crazy as he did not have enough stock. However, he managed to get them within the next 2 hours for them too

With my decision being done, the approving authority was not available at that point of time. However, in the afternoon the approving authority saw it and felt that it was fantastic. Hmmm... whose choice is it after all...

Now that the approval was obtained, I went to my banker and things took some time and I got my DD. All process was over and by 8 in the night, the lappy was at home. What a delight it was for my eyes to see one of my biggest dream come true

We now call it "AMOUR", as per the approving authority's request and my approval :-)

I thank God and everyone who helped me accomplish this goal in my life

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams
Dreams turn into Thoughts
And Thoughts turn into Action

With one dream coming true, there are many more to be fulfilled. Though I dont publicize my dreams, I definitely speak of them once they become a reality

Someone has rightly said
"Agar tum koi cheez sacche dil se maango tho poori kaayanaat jut jaati hai tumse usse milane ke liye"

Welcome Amour...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment