Monday, 12 October 2009

A million thanks to God... For a blessing in disguise...

Its not even a few days that I expressed my dissatisfaction with the current job role I am handling and the change has come. I just don't know how to thank the Almighty for making this happen. I have been waiting for long to see this change in the job role. In fact, every one of us handling the current skill want to move out of it and deal with something new. The current job profile mainly deals with handling Indian customers having bank accounts with us. In a typical day, 95% of the work would be repetitive, 4% of the work would be with a little twist in the tale and if you are lucky, you might see that 1% as something new which adds some learning. Having been in the same process for about 10 months, it had become a real hectic task to lead a normal life. I honestly considered my life not less than that of a tamed dog. Moreover, my tussles with some things and people added more problems into life. Recently, I had such tussles and I was getting an indication that something is going to happen soon that would badly affect me. After all, in a corporate sector, life is too much dependent on how well you maskafii people, esp, the one who is your reporting authority. And I, I can never do this stuff. After all, my notion of life is very clear, "Sar kata sakte hain hum par sar jhuka sakthe nahin". If a person is good, I will give him all respect irrespective of cast, creed, sex, position, grade, earning, influence, etc. And if a person is not deserving, I would never consider giving a damn even if it be a relation, which if handled this way, can shatter my career into pieces and wreck my life. That was what exactly I did and I kept receiving a lot of serious comments over my attitude, behaviour, etc. People started feeling that I am too much of a show off as I am successful in some arena. People started having a feeling that I am flying too much. So, plans came up to cut my wings (which were never there). Restrictions started flowing, rules were tightened, the clock was referred more than ever, the communication was barged with word to word listening (Even during training, so much stress would not be laid). It was all OK OK till some time

One very important point that I would like to make here is that I never spoke a word for just me. Whatever I spoke was a combined opinion of all the people in the team. Many a times, opinions and feelings are not expressible. But then, I was like the voice of my team and would just say whatever was in our hearts straight on the face. Perhaps, this was one reason that I was highlighted as egoistic, etc. And the moment, I would voice a comment, people would obviously support and the answerer would have no answers left. Now, if you are unable to answer, you can do two things. Go ahead, search the answer, solve the query. The second one, ignore the question, take that questioner away, and things would be fine. Its an unfortunate truth that most people in our lives use the second postion, especially, if they are having power vested with them. Even in my personal life, I have observed the same. All questions that I asked are still questions. Answering questions appropriately with 100% truth is the most essential element to build trust. One must always remember that life is nothing but journey of building your trustworthiness. The more trustworthy you are, the more successful would your heart feel. One question that we all need to ask ourselves each day is, "How many hands have my hands supported?". It might be the smallest of the action from helping someone with disability to cross a road, helping someone with notes to study well, offering a glass of water to the needy, putting off a light that your roommate forgot to put off, being there for someone who is need of support, etc to big things like donating money for public welfare, sponsoring a child's education, etc. How many acts of kindness have you done? How many thank you messages have you received? Have these increased? If yes, at what rate? Thats your current rate of growth in life. But then, there is another set of people who take things in a different way. For them, they feel like the kings of the earth and try to command love and respect from everyone by forceful measures. People who fear might surrender their fake respect to such kings. However, no one would respect them from heart. But then, this fake respect is more than enough for such kings. They feel on top of the world. And if someone doesn't do that, the tussle begins. I fail to understand when will people realize that love, respect, etc are not asked or commanded. They are to be earned by consistent process of the trust building process. Such kings would not feel much happy if a subordinate, who does not have a good relationship with him, does a big deal of work that has benefited the entire kingdom. They would make effort to call it as luck or somehow ignore it. But then, if you belong to that elite group of the king's chamchas, your smallest contributions are upheld as remarkable achievements. Well, I am going too much into this. Let me just put it in a simple form, "Yatha Raja, Tatha Praja" which means "As is the king, so are the citizens". Thats why, these days, most of the business leaders have chosen the quote "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" as their favorite quote and guiding line in life. If the king is honest and humble, the subordinates would have no second thought to do what is told. And if not, the question answer session would go to a unending meaningless conversation

Well, it was informed to me on Saturday evening that I should come to the office on monday with a clean shave, neat dress and a tie. On asking why, I did not get any answer. We tried guessing reasons and most striking one was that my coming to late to office on that one day has become an opportunity to create an issue and I might be facing some very senior person and have a bad time. I did reach the office today in time in the said manner to find nothing. I waited for long and then I was informed, in such a way like you are punishing someone, that I have been moved out from the team into a different team. Oh my God! I was jumping. Send me anywhere in this world for any business but relieve me from here. But the funniest part of it was that I was being communicated this news like a judge is announcing a death sentence to someone. But then, this decision to throw me out from the team came as a blessing in disguise to me. What more could I have asked for? In happiness, I forgot to ask, where have I been moved to. But then, the very next moment, I was being informed about my new job role where I shall be handling NRI customers. Its a pure sales role with big targets to achieve. It definitely built up pressure but I am sure, not as much as the current role is giving. At least, I would be able to interact with some sensible people finally

I would like to bid an adieu to my team today. A journey of about 10 months would fade soon. New colleagues would step in and the old ones will get older till one fine day, memory fades them off the mind. One good thing is that Raghu and Vivek have also been sent here. So, this would be a joyous reunion for us. I would definitely remember the times spent with this team, which is incidentally my first work group, for a long time. And guess what, all these people, now, want to move to the team where I am moving. But then, this being a pilot project (first of its kind) may not ask for more people. And finally, thanks to everyone in the team. I would again repeat one thing that I repeatedly say, "No one in this world is bad. People are just wrong at that point. Situations sometimes make them wrong but most of the times, their thoughts makes them. A person becomes bad when he knows that what he is doing is wrong and yet, he does it". I wish everyone a fruitful career ahead and a happy life ahead
Lamhe yeh suhaane, ho na ho
Kal phir aaj jaisi koi baat, ho na ho
Jindagi bhar yaad aayenge yeh pal
Chaahe poori umar mulaqat, ho na ho
This post has been written by me out of a lot of excitement of moving out but then I don't know what kind of a place I will be moving into. There is every possibility that the new place might turn out to be more horrendous. Moreover, this post merely deals with one single job related problem that I was facing till now to have appear to be resolved. Whether it is really resolved or not not would be known only after a month's time

Speaking about the other angles of life, the pressure has been building up heavily. I don't know when the volcano would erupt and destroy what. I have been looking for at least a little progress in life but that has been totally curbed. I even failed in my Symbiosis exams recently. Life has been taking a real test of me. Failure is creeping in. And for the first time in 3 years, I have not received my income from LIC. This goes to show that a major financial aid that I was receiving till now would cease to be there in the future if I do not make some attempts to pump in some business. Thus, I have been dumped into the worst of situations of life. And above all, my morale has gone down due to the kind of responses I have has from people over a month's period when they got to hear about the problems that I am facing. Not a single helping hand came (as usual). Well, when your own hands are not ready, where the hell do you others to land in. This has been one of the most disheartening phase of my life which has forced me to make some serious decisions over these things. People in my life, unfortunately, do not understand words like effort, humbleness, honesty, truth, consistency, trust, etc. Forget it, why drag people into this

Finally, I would thank God once again for this boon in disguise and request him to do something about the other problems of my life too. I know that you are helpless too as the people who are supposed to take initiative are putting the task on you. Now, how can I expect you to come down to earth for a simple creature like me? I don't know when people will understand that God does nothing except supporting good efforts and destroying bad elements. To have God to support you, you must at least make effort. You pray all year that you should win a lottery and the God is convinced and throws all luck on your name. But then, who will purchase the lottery? People don't realize even that they should at least be responsible enough to purchase it

I would like to remember one line of Mahatma Gandhiji before I close this post
"The person who sees a rape or murder or crime or anything wrong happen and keeps quiet is equal, in fact, worse than the rapist or the murderer or the criminal or the doer of any wrong action"

So, if your hands do not move or your mouth doesnt work seeing someone suffer, you are more responsible for that situation than the actual person who is reponsible for it. More so if it is a loved one or a person who is dependent on you

No comments:

Post a Comment