Saturday, 19 June 2010

Swagat at HDFC Bank.. Welcoming the new blood into business..

Swagat is the induction program conducted by HDFC Bank for its new joinees. The objective of this program is to introduce the bank, its business, its products, its objectives, its core values, etc to the people who come on board for the first time. In most cases, the employees are asked to attend this program within the completion of the 1st month of joining. However, the same would depend on availability factors

I was pretty lucky to get this opportunity to attend it at such an early point of time. I was super excited when I got to know that I shall be going for the same from 14 Jun to 19 Jun 2010. My friends who are in HDFC Bank told me that they had to wait for 3-4 months for their Swagat scheduling to happen due to various factors like non availability of enough seats or very less number of recruitments happening and other factors. However, I was lucky enough to get it so soon. I joined on 8th and the Swagat was scheduled for me on 14th

On 14th morning of the month of June 2010, I reached the venue, namely Hotel Confident Propus (near Langford Gardens). I reached on time and saw that a good number of people had come. The trainer assigned to us was Ms Harsha Sahni. The first day was a general induction program where the concentration was purely on the bank, its history, its people, its objectives, its values, its cultures, etc. A large number of people attended this program. It was told later that half the people will not be coming from tomorrow as they shall be attending some other training at a later point of time. I was in the other half who were scheduled to be trained this week only

The next 5 days were spent in learning about the bank's products, services, processes, laws, rules, etc. Of course, there was a lot of fun with a lot of competitions being conducted by making different teams. I made the best out of it by having a lot of fun. After all, this was the time to do it. I was quite happy on the final day when the test was conducted and I scored the highest marks in it (which was least expected from me as I was the youngest and the most mischievous amongst all). Though I had the maximum fun, I never compromised even for a moment on learning. Banking is my passion & this kept my drive to learn on the highest gear

It was a great time spent in this week. I got to know a lot of people at work. We had some good fun in the class and enjoyed the time. It was a time quite well spent. There were even people coming from outstation (Mysore, Hospet, Belgaum, etc). The food served too was fantastic. Its now time to put this learning into practice & start working towards the goals. The performance expected from the employees is of quite a high standard at HDFC Bank. So, there automatically arises a need to rise up to these expectations

The Swagat has come to an end. The SuSwagat awaits to happen on Monday. Good luck to me and to everyone. Welcome to HDFC Bank- We Understand Your World

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this.. Great to hear that you scored the highest like always.. youngest yet again & of course, the naughty lad.. Congratulations!!! boy, you always rock the floor wherever you go.. So, enjoying the bankers job now.. Wish you success & happiness at work. Keep Going..

    ReplyDelete